The Hyman Family

The Hyman Family

Saturday, December 20, 2008

He is our protector


My husband is a good provider and protector of our home. He is not the cleanest though. Any way our family has had chickens on and off for the past eight years. The kids like to collect the eggs. The other morning really early like 4:30 - 5:00 am Clint jumped out of bed and I heard him open the back door and then I heard him whacking something out side. It was raining which is not common here and I got worried to think what the heck is he doing. I got up and went to the back door to see what he was doing. I called for him and no answer. I was so scared. I called for him again then he walked around from the chicken coop and said something was after the chickens. I asked him what and he said a raccoon. I thought yeah right they don't have those here. It was dark he must not have really seen what it was. I asked him what the pounding sound was he said he was whacking it with a pole. We went back to bed. Later that day the kids and I went out to see it. Sure enough it was a raccoon. It had gotten into the coop with the chickens and was after them. Clint was protecting what is ours so he had to do away with the raccoon. He is our protector.

No comments: