The Hyman Family

The Hyman Family

Monday, November 24, 2008

Look what the CATS brought in!


Along with our family we have two cats. Oreo is the black and white one and Diego is the black one.Our Hanna is a cat lover. I try to give my kids what they want even if I don't like it sometimes. Today was one of the times I wish we didn't have the cats. One of the main reasons for having them is we live where there is a lot of critters. So I thought they would help with the mice. That is keeping them out. They bring them in along with bunnies, lizards, birds, squirrels and today a snake.
I was working on somethings with Monica today and Eliza came up from downstairs and said mom the snake looked up at me. I thought she was talking about a toy. I said what are you talking about. I got up and looked downstairs and sure thing there was a snake. I was so afraid. I asked Monica what to do. She called her husband to see where he was. He was to far away. Then I called one of my friends to see if her husband was home. He is an AJ fireman. He was not home he was at the station. She told me to call 911 and tell them what was going on. So I did. Well Monica did. We just kept watching that snake to make sure it didn't move. It didn't so then I started to think it was a toy. I would have been so embarrassed if the firemen got here and that is all it was. Three manly men came. One with a long grabbing stick one with a bucket and the other for support I guess. They slowly went down the stairs. Then the stupid snake moved and me being me started screaming and jumping up and down. It scurried away towards the wall and I screamed again. They finally go it with the grabber thing and started to walk toward the steps to put it in the bucket that was being held by one of the firemen. I think they got a little scared also. It was kind of funny. They said it was not a poisonous snake. They took it away. Thank you Apache Junction Fire Department. They saved my life today. Now I know I have a place to call the next time I say "Look what the Cats brought in".

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! That's awesome! You have the funniest stories with those cats! It creates some gr8 memories for sure! Glad you're okay! Love ya!

Nikki said...

Hey girl it has been a long time. I have not even seen you in Costco for awhile. I found your blog so now I can keep in touch.