The Hyman Family

The Hyman Family

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Our New Year's in the dunes

We went to the sand dunes for New Year's eve and stayed the weekend. It is what Clint loves to do. Our whole family enjoys it. I like being there with my family just spending time with them. I watch the girls play in the sand which they love to do. The girls like to ride Jacob old quad with a sled tied to it. They have so much fun.
Along with all the fun at the sand dunes our family has had some real nice spiritual experiences happen to us.
This last time Jacob went out on a night ride with Clint and a friend of ours Jimmy. I did not want Jacob to go. Clint talked me into it. They came back ten minutes later with out Jacob. My heart sunk. They said that they couldn't find him and they thought he might have come back to camp. I was so mad at Clint. Me being me started yelling at Clint telling him Jacob is still so young I knew he shouldn't have gone out with them. I told Clint to bring him right back he was not to go with them any more. As soon as they left to go look for him I told the girls we have to say a prayer. So we did and I felt comfort right away. About ten, fifteen minutes I heard their quads come back and Jacob came in the camper. He took one look at me and I could tell he was scared. He tried to play tough with Clint. As soon as Clint left to continue his ride Jacob broke down. I hugged him and told him how we prayed he would be OK. He told me how he must have said a ton of prayers that he would be found or he would know his way back to camp. I feel like that was a spiritual experience for us. I am so thankful Jacob was prompted to pray and felt our Heavenly Father watching over him. I am so thankful for the gospel in my life all the time.
The rest of our New Years was nice and fun in the dunes.

No comments: