The Hyman Family

The Hyman Family

Friday, February 20, 2009

It is Always Fun at the Sand Dunes!

Yes another trip to the sand dunes. We went for a long weekend. We usually don't stay over on a Sunday but we did this time because the kids didn't have school on Monday. Our family rule is not to ride on Sunday. To try to keep the day different and to still remember it is a Holy day. That is hard to do at the sand dunes. We went on a long family drive that was 34 miles one way. We tried to go kind of on a leisure ride. I did any way. I kind of had to remind Clint to take easy. He did good considering all the huge dunes we went by. It was fun to see so much sand. It is really pretty. We went with our friends the Brice's again. I like going with them they are fun to be with. They have a projector with a big screen and we watched a movie outside. It was really chilly there. Jacob Clint and Jimmy tried several times to do the SOBE bombs. We only had 7 SOBE bottles each time they would put one in the fire I would get so scared. I am so thankful nothing happened. A SOBE bomb is a glass bottle filled with gas then you put the lid back on with a whole in the top and stick it in the fire. We have always seen them done from a distance. They are done a lot at the sand dunes. I did not like watching it up and close. I was worried Clint would burn down my camper. He is know to do things like that. Of course not on purpose. Clint and Jimmy worked hard on their sand rails that would start and then have problems but in the end they worked. My girls love playing with the sand, the yellow quad and Shy the Brice's dog who is so good. I told my kids that if we ever got a dog which we won't I would totally get a dog like theirs. She is good and really pretty for a dog. Jacob got to ride with David his cousin a little. They ride really well for being so young. I have something funny to share that my nephew Danny said. We went on a family ride when we first got there. Which is different then it used to be. Clint used to get there and go on a ride with just the guys and leave me with the kids. It used to make me so mad. He would say Renee you don't ride my speed. I got used to that. He has started wanting to go on more and more family rides now. It is a nice change. So we went on a family ride and the nephews went with us because their dad Russ went with his guy friends on a fast ride. Anyway I was going kind of slow and careful because I had Isabelle our friends baby buckled in the back of the rhino with two of my girls and Danny in the front. He said to me what is this the Lewis and Clark expedition get moving. He is only ten. I told him I was being careful because of the baby. Then he said wait when did you have another baby. I said since the last time I saw you two weeks ago. Then I told him it was our friend's. He is so cute with babies. On our way back he sat in the back with Isabelle and held her hand. My nephews are good boys. They are being raised differently then my children are. But they are really good boys. I really like spending time with them. Danny is fun to talk to and very entertaining. David is fun and really funny. Both of the boys are just really sweet. I am glad we get to spend time with them at the sand dunes. Before we went this time Clint and Jacob worked hours on the sand rail to get it running again and Clint added a third seat for the kids to ride in it. He really worked hard on it and I just realized I never got a ride in it. Maybe next time. Monday it was time to pack up. I was so sore from our long trip the day before that I was no fun. I drove this time and pulled the trailer with the sand rail to try and have a little more peace with the kids and Clint drove his truck with the toy hauler. There wasn't very much peace. The kids still fought. But it is worth it because it is always fun at the sand dunes.

No comments: