The Hyman Family

The Hyman Family

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sickness, Surgery & Service

SICKNESS- My week started out with my two older daughters not feeling well and Clint telling me it was no big deal. It is just a cold they will be OK. By Wednesday when they were still feeling sluggish and I could tell that something wasn't right I took them to the Doctors (I know Clint didn't want me to because it always costs money but my mothers intuition told me to.) So I took them in and it turned out that both Hanna & Ester had strep. I of course felt like the worse mother ever because the doctor said oh their throats look really sore. One good thing about it is I got to have them home with me which I really like. It is a sacrifice for me to send them to school. I would rather have them home with me every day. I would be doing them a disservice by homeschooling them they are so smart they need school to excel.
SURGERY- For the last two weeks I have known that I have had to have my uterus and one ovary removed. That time came on Friday. I was totally fine with the whole thing on many levels that I knew it was the right thing to have done. When things fall into place just the right way there is no doubt in my mind that it is the right thing to be done. I have been blessed with 5 wonderful children who were all a part of Heavenly Fathers plan for me. I feel so blessed to be given these choice spirits. Now a different chapter in my life begins. I mean I knew we were done having kids about 3 1/2 years ago when Clint had a vasectomy done. (I am sure he is so happy with me sharing that. Good thing he rarely reads my blog.) But now it is permanent on my end. Clint has been so supportive. I am really surprised. I normally feel like a burden to him. I didn't want to have him do anything he didn't want to do while I went through this I was planning on having my mom and Monica help me. He wanted to bring me there, be there during the surgery (he even asked if he could be in the operating room and helped the doctor. They said no to that.) AND he even spent the night with me at the hospital. I feel very blessed and cared about by him. I mean I know he loves and cares about me but sometimes I don't think it is as deep as it is. Anyway he was very attentive and caring to me and it was nice to see him show that towards me.
When we got to the hospital on Friday I was fine I was good till they started talking about putting pain meds in my spinal column. I have never really had epidural with my kid because it scared me with the whole spine thing. That was the only thing that I was worried about but they told me they would sedate me first. They put some stuff in my IV before I left Clint he said I left the room with the biggest smile on my face. He asked them if he could have some of that for home. That is all I really remember then I came out of it and met up with Clint again. They put me in a room and I was in and out of it for the next little while. They let us go home. I couldn't wait for that. I don't care how nice a hospital is I hate spending the night there. It makes me so anxious. So now I am home. I am surprised that there is not much pain. I am sore and it feels like something has been removed but other then that I am fine.
SERVICE- I really like to be on the giving end of service. Me giving it to others. I am not comfortable with it being given to me. I had to learn to be able to receive it about 6 years ago when our house burned down. It was a hard lesson for me to learn but I kept telling myself that I would do something for those in need with out a second thought. I love to serve. It is my way of showing how much I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. My sweet husband, my mom, sisters, my ward family and my sweet friends have been so caring and loving to me. Weather it be a treat they dropped by, a dinner they made, or a visit, a call, a text, or a Facebook message. I have felt so much love by so many people. The ones I know truly care about me because they want to not because they have too. You know who you are and I am truly blessed to have you in my life.
My week with sickness, surgery & service.

1 comment:

once upon a poppy said...

i'm so glad everything went well. it is hard to let people serve us, but you do so much for others, it's your turn. i wish i was there to help out. keep resting!